WaterNow Alliance is a growing network of decision makers, experts and innovators dedicated to supporting local water leaders who are building sustainable water solutions in their communities. We focus on innovative strategies to accelerate adoption of reuse and efficiency technologies, green infrastructure, watershed health, stormwater recapture, and groundwater management. Our goal is to help communities become as water resilient as possible, as cost-effectively as possible, while protecting our natural resources for generations to come.
WaterNow is seeking a volunteer communications associate to help grow our online presence. The communications associate will contribute to activities that engage the WaterNow Alliance community, generate brand awareness, and strengthen our communications process.
The opportunity will provide great experience for someone looking to grow their communications skills while contributing to an organization focussed on water innovation and resilience.
Social Media: Draft posts and create graphics for Twitter and LinkedIn that increase engagement with our content and events. Contribute ideas to grow awareness of our unique strengths and focus in the water space.
Website: Support content creation and maintenance of the two main websites: waternow.org and tapin.waternow.org. Responsibilities may include drafting and editing blog posts and designing case studies and reports.
Event Support: Support the planning and implementation process for our annual Summit. Responsibilities may include outreach, event logistics, drafting and reviewing event materials, and more to be assigned.
Salesforce Database Development: Support database development and maintenance to advance organizational mission.
Press List Management: Cultivate and grow our press list by regions with importance on California, Colorado, Texas & Arizona. Associate will work with Communications Manager to identify key areas and design the database from the ground up.
A strong candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Coursework or previous experience in communications
· Excellent writing and research skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
· Experience with InDesign a plus;
· Demonstrated commitment to environmental sustainability;
· Willingness to contribute new ideas and suggestions for improvement;
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
· Strong work ethic; and
· Comfort with and intuitive approach to social media
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program.
• Positions are available as follows:
– Spring (January – April)
– Summer (May – August)
– Fall (September – November)
• Dates for all sessions are flexible
• We require a minimum time commitment of 10 hours a week in the Spring and Fall, and 24 hours a week in the Summer
• This role is virtual. For the foreseeable future, candidates will be telecommuting and meeting with team members online.
• In addition, we are seeking a volunteer that is bilingual or skilled in Spanish to help with a specific project that WaterNow will be managing in Spring 2021.