WaterNow Alliance is a network of local water decision makers who want to advance sustainable, affordable, and climate resilient water solutions in their communities. We focus on innovative strategies to accelerate adoption of reuse and efficiency technologies, green infrastructure, watershed health, stormwater recapture, water market mechanisms, and groundwater management. Our goal is to support communities to become as water resilient as possible, as cost-effectively as possible, while protecting our natural resources for generations to come.
WaterNow Alliance is seeking 1-2 Spring/Fall Research Associate Volunteers for hands-on work experience. Associate positions allow students the opportunity to gain valuable experience with a fast-growing sustainability-focused non-profit through hands on tasks and real responsibility.
A strong candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Excellent writing and research skills, proficiency with Word and Excel;
· Demonstrated commitment to sustainable water policy;
· Experience with or interest in local government;
· High degree of professionalism;
· Organized with good attention to detail;
· Strong work ethic
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
• Spring position is available September – November (flexible). Fall position is available January – early May (flexible)
• This position is fully remote for the Spring of 2021
• We require a minimum time commitment of 10 hours per week for at least 12 weeks
- Project Support: Support WaterNow’s Project Accelerator program, providing direct support cities and utilities to implement sustainable water solutions, by researching and compiling memos, identifying local and state regulations, and developing written content.
- Tap into Resilience: Research and written materials to expand WaterNow’s Tap into Resilience toolkit which provides resources for local water decision makers to advance investment in sustainable, localized water solutions (tapin.waternow.org).
- Develop Water Profiles: Research and compile detailed profiles of municipalities and water utilities’ water use, programming, local demographics, governance, etc. to be included in WaterNow’s database.
- Website Content Creation & Social Media: Review water clips and identify post-worthy news and information. Tasks will include drafting content, infographics, newsletters, blog posts, and development of resources for members and the public.
- Salesforce Database Development: Support database development and maintenance to advance organizational mission.
- Outreach: Professional correspondence with elected officials and partner organizations regarding Alliance activities, opportunities to get involved, noteworthy news, creative contexts for engagement.
- Event Planning: Assist staff in preparing for meetings and other events including: logistics, travel plans, speakers, meals, transportation and substantive offerings (e.g. lectures / presentations).
This is a volunteer position and work stipends are not available. When working on-site (not applicable for Spring 2021), a small monthly reimbursement will be provided to help cover any commute expenses incurred. Currently this position is fully remote.
Note that the list above is for illustrative purposes only and available projects will depend on work needs at the time.