WaterNow Alliance is a growing network of decision makers, experts and innovators dedicated to supporting local water leaders advancing sustainable water solutions in their communities. We focus on innovative strategies to accelerate adoption of reuse and efficiency technologies, green infrastructure, watershed health, stormwater recapture, and groundwater management. Our goal is to help communities become as water resilient as possible, as cost-effectively as possible, while protecting our natural resources for generations to come.
WaterNow Alliance is seeking a volunteer Virtual Event and Outreach Associate to support the planning and implementation process for our virtual summit in April 2021. This opportunity will provide hands-on experience for someone looking to grow their research, outreach, and event planning skill sets, while contributing to an organization focused on water innovation and resilience.
This position will:
· Conduct research to identify relevant outreach partners and marketing opportunities
· Support partner outreach and track action items
· Draft and/or review event materials and collateral
· Draft social media content and graphics highlighting event content, speakers, and more
· Assist with follow-up related to registration, conference platform, or other logistical questions
· Support data collection and reporting on various aspects of the summit
· Contribute feedback and ideas to strengthen event planning and outreach processes
Other responsibilities may be assigned depending on candidate’s skills and interests.
A strong candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Previous experience in communications, marketing, or event planning;
· Excellent research and organizational skills with keen attention to detail;
· Proficiency with Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite;
· Comfort with and intuitive approach to social media;
· Experience with Canva or other social media graphic platforms a plus;
· Prior experience working or volunteering at events, particularly conferences;
· Comfort with reaching out to new contacts via email or phone;
· Willingness to communicate proactively and ask questions; and
· Positive and problem-solving mindset
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program.
• Position is available for Spring (January-April). Exact dates are flexible.
• Must be able to commit to the role for 15 hours per week.
• For the foreseeable future, candidates will be telecommuting and working with team members online.
Interested in applying?
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter highlighting your qualifications for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications submitted by Friday, December 4, 2020. will be given priority.
Questions? Feel free to email email@example.com