2021 Full-Time Analyst Position
Wavecrest Growth Partners is currently seeking to hire 2 analysts to start in the summer of 2021. The Analysts will play a critical role in Wavecrest’s industry research, deal generation, and investment thesis development.
About Wavecrest Growth Partners:
Wavecrest Growth Partners is a leading growth equity firm founded in 2016 by experienced private equity professionals. The firm is investing out of its $200M Fund I and is in the process of raising Fund II (expected to close by summer 2021). Wavecrest is focused on identifying and partnering with successful founder-led, business-to-business (“B2B”) technology companies outside Silicon Valley. The firm provides capital and operational expertise to help founders drive the next phase of their company’s growth. Examples of active investments include Building Engines (commercial real estate property management), Tier1 Financial (CRM and AML software for financial services), SpinCar (auto digital merchandising software), BigTime Software (time, billing, and expense tracking for professional services firms), EDITED (market intelligence for retailers), Stirista (multichannel marketing data), Volante Technologies (B2B payments infrastructure), and MikMak (e-commerce marketing analytics). Wavecrest is based in Boston, MA and has 10 employees spanning investing and operations.
· Proactively research, identify, and build relationships with interesting companies that fit Wavecrest’s investment criteria through research and direct outreach
· Help to identify and research new thematic areas for development in B2B technology
· Produce market, competitive, and other analyses on targeted sub-sectors
· Participate in due diligence on sourced companies along with the deal team
Analyst candidates must possess the following qualifications:
· Current senior at a top-tier college/university; expected graduation in spring 2021
· Strong academic performance, SAT, and/or ACT scores
· Demonstrated interest in finance and/or the investment field
· Interest and willingness to pitch and sell
· Hustle, grit, determination, and competitiveness as key personality traits
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Personal motivation with demonstrated success working within a team
· Strong organizational skills and track record of achieving goals with minimal supervision
· Availability to work in Boston, MA beginning in summer 2021
Interested candidates should send a resume (including current GPA) and cover letter explaining qualifications and reasons for interest to email@example.com by Friday, March 19, 2021. First round interviews will be held thereafter via Zoom.