Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP (WAVS IP) is seeking experienced candidates for patent preparation and prosecution in our chemical group. WAVS is particularly interested in experienced practitioners and can provide a high volume of work to a new practitioner.
You will join an incredible team of attorneys, agents, paralegals, and staff that represents a wide range of clients, including start-ups, large companies, and universities. Technical areas include those relating to semiconductor processing, chemistry and materials sciences, polymer chemistry, and advanced materials.
WAVS IP is a growing, San Francisco Bay Area-based patent law firm with over 30 registered patent practitioners and a diverse client base. WAVS IP provides opportunities for advancement within the firm and informal and formal mentorship. We have a friendly work environment and highly trained support staff.
Our Bay Area offices are in downtown Oakland and Menlo Park. Remote, in-office, and hybrid working arrangements are supported. We offer a compensation structure that generously rewards hard-working practitioners while providing flexibility to maintain a reasonable work/life balance and a competitive benefits plan. WAVS IP does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic.
· Eligible to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
· M.S. or Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or other relevant physical sciences field; or pertinent industry experience
· At least 2 years of patent attorney or agent experience
· Strong writing and communication skills
· Commitment to patent prosecution
· Admission to practice before the USPTO
· Ph.D. in chemistry, chemical engineering, materials science, or other relevant physical sciences field
· At least 6 years of patent attorney or agent experience
Email Patricia Tsai at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Handshake Application: Patent Agent – Chemistry” in the subject line and the following:
• Cover letter
In your cover letter, please provide a brief explanation of your experience in handling complex matters and portfolios for clients. In addition, please provide a brief introduction of technical knowledge gained during your technical degree or industry experience.
• Transcripts (college, graduate school, and law school if applicable)
• Writing samples