Weaver Austin Villeneuve & Sampson LLP (WAVS IP) is seeking lateral patent attorney and patent agent candidates for patent preparation and prosecution in our computer science and electrical engineering group. WAVS is particularly interested in experienced practitioners. WAVS can provide a high volume of work to a new practitioner. You will join an incredible team of attorneys, agents, paralegals, and staff that represents a wide range of clients, including start-ups, large companies, and universities.
- Knowledge/experience in the following Technical Areas: Machine learning algorithms and neural networks (e.g., FFN, CNN, MLP, RNN, LSTM, etc.). Building and training neural networks a plus. Wireless digital communication, ML/AI, optics, optoelectronics, semiconductor processing, chip/circuit design, and microprocessor architecture.
- Eligible to be admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) (Preference for candidates that are already admitted to practice before the USPTO)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Commitment to patent prosecution
- At least 2 years of patent attorney or patent agent experience
- Technical background in computer science, electrical engineering, or graduate degree in physics
Application Submission Requirements
Please email Patricia Tsai at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Handshake Experienced Patent Prosecution Position – EE/CS” in the subject line with the following:
- Cover letter
- Transcripts (college, graduate school, and law school if applicable)
- At least 2 writing sample of drafted patent applications directed to machine learning
- List of references
WAVS IP is a growing, San Francisco Bay Area-based patent law firm with over 30 registered patent practitioners and a diverse client base. WAVS IP provides opportunities for advancement within the firm and informal and formal mentorship. We have a friendly work environment and highly trained support staff.
Our Bay Area offices are in downtown Oakland and Menlo Park. Remote, in-office, and hybrid working arrangements are supported. We offer a compensation structure that generously rewards hard-working practitioners while providing flexibility to maintain a reasonable work/life balance and a competitive benefits plan. WAVS IP does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other legally protected characteristic.