This Paralegal will work with Paralegals, Associates, and Partners to help them in every aspect of their job to support the White Collar Defense, Regulatory and Investigations practice. This Paralegal role is fast paced and the person selected must be able to multitask on a daily basis.
Primary Responsibilities and/or Essential functions:
- Responsible for providing legal assistance to the White Collar Defense, Regulatory and Investigations practice.
- Organize large amounts of material (both hard copy and electronic) generated by litigation: Maintain master set of all documents, keep updated records and correspondence files, prepare indices of document productions, etc.
- Develop thorough understanding of various Firm databases and software packages, such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Relativity, LiveNote, Litigator’s Notebooks, LEXIS and Westlaw.
- Assist with preparation of briefs, memoranda and exhibits, and cite check, Shepardize and Blue Book cases.
- Assist in preparing documents for production. Review documents for responsiveness, Bates stamp/label documents, maintain production logs and databases.
- Assist attorneys in preparation for depositions, hearings and trials. Digest depositions and trial transcripts.
- Prepare for trials, and organize exhibits, files and all other supporting documents; make arrangements for transporting and setting up files at court.
- Familiarity with the processes and filing procedures of Federal and State Court systems.
- Adherence to Firm policy re: time records and required overtime on assignments. Inform Coordinator/Manager of the completion of assignments and of current availability.
- Track and summarize news and related case material.
- Serve as point of contact with vendors and clerk of courts.
- Prepare for presentations, meetings, and filings with government agencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Four year college degree required.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be able to work both on a team and independently, and seek out work within the Firm as necessary.
- Must be available for extended foreign travel, up to four weeks at a time.
- Must present and conduct self in a professional manner; interact with members of the Firm on a daily basis.
- Must be able to meet deadlines, complete projects/assignments and work under pressure/stress efficiently, productively and in a professional manner.
- This position requires some light lifting.
- BA/BS with strong academic record.