WeINSPIRE is looking for a Journalist with a diverse set of skills and interests: editing stories, writing, and reporting, packaging of stories for distribution across social media, working with our network of contributors and helping to further optimize our journalistic strategy and vision.
We’re open to a wide range of candidates including undergraduate or graduates interested in an engaging opportunity with room for meaningful growth.
Mission: WeINSPIRE connects people doing good, generates inspirational stories, and ignites positive action.
Primary duties include:
· Editing and publishing 2-3 stories on WeINSPIRE”s site weekly.
· Help coordinate and prioritize submissions from contributors
· Help track the performance of published stories
· Investigate additional headlines and images for stories to be distributed across social media
· Obtaining permission for material
· Bachelor’s Degree or enrolled towards a college or graduate degree in journalism, languages, creative writing, or other relevant fields
· Clear and precise communication skills
· Fantastic writing skills
· Attention to detail
· Tech skills and Internet savvy
· Strong familiarity with social media news outlets
· Great people skills
· Must be an excellent photographer Videography and video editing is a plus
What You’ve Gotta Have:
· Your own laptop/computer setup.
· Phone and internet access
Location: Live anywhere. Hours are flexible and we collaborate online.
Commitment: 20 hours/week.
Start Date: Spring, January 10
Please Read Program FAQ: https://weinspiremovement.org/internshipfaq
- A resume
- A cover letter explaining why you want to be a WeINSPIRE Intern
- Two Writing Samples (Required)