We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social media to work with our team, by making our community as exciting, kind, and vivacious as it can possibly be. You’ll be working directly with our audience to put a spotlight on inspirational stories around the world and facilitate discussions around important topics highlighted in our content,
Within Social Media, you will support all digital platforms daily. Providing inspirational/positive content. You will work closely with the team to find social content (photos and video) that can be sourced and verified for use. You will assist with producing a daily social note of interesting stories and trends.
Successful Social Media & Community Intern Candidates Have:
• Demonstrated success managing social media communities (Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat) specifically with a minimum of one-year experience in digital marketing or social media
- The ideal candidate will be well-organized and detail-oriented with basic graphic design skills (Canva/content creation, Instagram reels/TikTok, video editing) and have a finger on the pulse of cultural dialogue.
• Ability to adapt voice to meet brand guidelines and an exceptional visual intelligence with a “good eye” to identify inspirational/positive l content that will resonate with followers
• A wealth of fun, creative ideas and a web-savvy exuberance to keep up with new technologies
• A Bachelor’s Degree (or for students, an in-progress Degree) with a strong academic record
• Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
• Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news to the vast WeINSPIRE audience on social media and social media platforms
• BONUS: Experience with and the ability to collect and analyze information from multiple data sources to uncover insights, statistics, and trends; tools include but are not limited to, Simply Measured, Curalate, Snaplytics, Hootsuite, Facebook Insights, Google Analytics
What We Love About You:
• You deeply understand our community and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to serve and delight them every day with positive content.
• You are respectful and act with the highest integrity.
• You ask questions to understand a perspective and are comfortable respectfully challenging assumptions. You are not turned off by constructive conflict to get to the right answer.
• You set clear ambitious goals. You anticipate obstacles, persevere, and are accountable for your commitments.
• You aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo and know that there’s no such thing as failure if you learn from it.
• You seek out feedback and never settle in your quest to grow and develop. By being here, you make our company stronger.
What You’ve Gotta Have:
· Your own ergonomic laptop/computer setup.
· Phone and internet access
Commitment: 20 hrs/ week
-College Sophomore and up
-Photography, Photoshop (or Lightroom), and some graphic design skills are a plus.
• A resume/provide links of graphic designs or social media work
• A cover letter explaining why you want to be a WeINSPIRE Intern