Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Business Associate (BA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor’s students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This three-year program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as, knowledge of the many different business divisions that support our investment functions.
The program is split into two parts: The first 1.5 years, you will be developing your business and technical skillset all while assimilating into the firm, your job and our culture and the second 1.5 years, you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and will be placed into positions across the firm that are complementary to your skills, interests, and business needs. BAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current BA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices (here in the US and across the globe.)
We expect new entrants to join the Business Associate Program in July 2021. During your first two weeks with us, you will be assimilated into the firm through our Base Camp Development Program. This program is designed to equip you with new skills and knowledge of our clients, industry, firm, and culture while developing a strong internal network that will set you up for a successful transition into the firm. By investing in your personal growth on day one, you will help us continue to exceed our client’s expectations.
The Client Group is dedicated to providing high quality service and investment solutions to all of Wellington Management’s clients, prospects, and consultants. This Business Associate (BA) role affords a unique opportunity for those individuals who are passionate about and are seeking to embark on a career in investment management in a client-facing role.
The Client Group in Chicago is looking for a Business Associate to support the Business Development team. This team covers a large territory of Midwest and Southeast clients and prospects. Some of Wellington’s largest and most strategic relationships are located in this territory. Due to a high level of new business-related activity, the team needs a BA to help tackle these new opportunities by putting together client or prospect meeting materials, documenting RFP activities and sending client or prospect meeting follow-ups. The BA will also work with several Relationship Managers on cross-sell activities with existing clients.
Your responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare materials for prospect meetings and new business opportunities with existing clients
- Coordinate the RFP process
- Conduct competitor analysis
- Track new RFP opportunities in the Midwest Public Plans
- Maintain current and accurate prospect lists
- Analyzing potential opportunities for new business within a geographic region or channel
- Assisting with business analytics and competitive analysis
- Engaging with Wellington’s evolving technologies and client related applications
- Attending various internal cross functional meetings
- Collaborating with members of the department to support external relationships with clients, prospects, and consultants
- Working on ad-hoc projects to support our overall client efforts
- Undergraduates from all majors graduating with a Bachelor’s degree between Fall 2020 – Summer 2021
- Demonstrated interest in investment management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Demonstrated accomplishments in academics
- Proven leadership experience and participation in community service and extracurricular activities
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Highest ethical standards and integrity
- Well organized, ability to multi-task and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and professionalism
- Sharp quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with ability to synthesize information
- Highly motivated self-starter, who knows how to take initiative, and has a high level of intellectual curiosity
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced environment
Application information can be found via the job application page (Wellington.com > Careers > Campus Programs > View Jobs): https://www.wellington.com/en/campus-programs/
For any questions, please email email@example.com.
Qualified candidates must submit:
- Résumé, 1 page length
- Statement of interest, 1 page length, indicating: (a) why you are interested in Wellington and (b) why you are interested in the Client Group role
- Unofficial transcript
All documents should be submitted at one time, bundled in PDF format titled with your Last and First name. Please note that you cannot change or update your application after you submit it.
Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Candidates will be notified of their application status on an on-going basis. If selected to continue, first round phone screens may be scheduled.
The start date for the program is July 12, 2021.