A Wellness4Every1 internship is an opportunity to learn the inner workings of arts and wellness programming for grades k-12. Interns with Wellness4Every1 serve as integral team members assisting the full-time and part-time staff with daily operations as well as long term goals. Interns will get hands on experience creating marketing materials, developing fundraising strategy, and assess the success of our programs.
1. Broadening horizons – This work is specialized and will focus on enhancing our Chicago Public School programs.
2. Developing work skills – Interns will receive hands-on experience working directly with the Community Programs Director.
3. Career Exploration – Through assigned projects, interns will get to work with Teaching Artists and learn more about our direct relationships with Principals, Clerks, and Arts Liaisons.
4. Interpersonal skills – These projects will require interactions with many different types of people and interns will learn how to navigate these personalities to achieve their goals.
5. Research – Interns will learn how to quantify data for funding and gain a deeper understanding of arts education.
6. Taking responsibility – This internship is project-based and provides opportunities for interns to implement their ideas.
1. Interest in non-profit management and/or arts administration
2. Excellent communication skills
3. Computer skills
4. Flexibility, positive attitude, and good work ethic
5. Strong attention to detail
6. Ability to work independently, and as a member of a team
The primary roles and responsibilities of interns include marketing programs to prospective students, program implementation, general office operations, record keeping, database management, special event planning and other projects as assigned. Interns may also receive program or course credit for this experience if approved by their educational institution. Typically our interns commit to completing 100 hours over a 3 month period of time.