The Wesleyan Financial Aid Office is committed to enabling students to attend, regardless of the family’s financial circumstances. Our need-based financial aid program allows us to meet 100% of the demonstrated financial need of all admitted undergraduate students who are seeking assistance.
Reporting to the Associate Director of Financial Aid, the Department Assistant IV provides general reception, administrative, clerical and technical support to the Financial Aid Office.
- Use PowerFAIDS (financial aid management software), Slate (admission management software) and PeopleSoft to produce financial aid communications and reports.
- Produce and coordinate financial aid communications to applicants and students.
- Perform daily downloads and uploads from various external systems including troubleshooting of systems and with vendors.
- Provide back-up support for PowerFAIDS system upgrades and management.
- Share responsibility to professionally handle a high volume of phone and email financial aid inquiries for the Financial Aid Office, counseling students and families on financial aid processes.
- Share responsibility to open, assess and triage all financial aid materials (mail, email, courier, etc.).
- Research financial aid application issues, use knowledge of institutional, state and federal reg as needed.
- Communicate closely with the Admission Office on applicant status
- Oversee application processing for all students,
- Assist financial aid directors on various aspects of the loan process including loan exit administration and the collection of graduate debt data.
- Perform website maintenance, updating content and layout as needed.
- Maintain and collect office policies and procedures as well as the office’s processing calendar.
- Provide back-up for office budget process for Director’s review.
- Provide back-up for monitoring and ordering supplies. Arrange for printing, purchase and work orders, conference registration, expense reimbursement and basic office maintenance.
- Perform other similar and related duties as assigned.
Associates Degree and four years related experience in a fast-paced or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
High volume customer service office setting.
Ability to work independently, take initiative, and be responsive to changing priorities within the office.
Strong organizational and communication skills.
Demonstrated expertise in Microsoft Office programs including the ability to perform mail merges in Word and create, use and maintain spreadsheets with intermediate formula in Excel.
Experience maintaining and updating websites.
Demonstrated proficiency with maintaining complex databases and report generation.
Demonstrated comfort with working with technical systems and troubleshooting problems.
Previous experience in Financial Aid or experience in higher education environment.
Fluency in a second language.
Experience with web applications.
Knowledge of institutional, state and federal regulations.