Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST) is a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States and Canada. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data. Founded in 1990, WEST has since grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST’s maintains a regional presence with core staff based in the Las Vegas/Boulder City, NV area. We are looking for a full-time Project Manager to join our Southwest team and support project work throughout the Southwestern US (primarily in AZ, NV, UT, and southern CA). The ideal candidate would be located in the Las Vegas/Boulder City area; however, other remote work locales in the desert Southwest may be considered for the right candidate.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous paid leave
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Life insurance, LTD and AD&D
- SEP IRA
- Employee owned/Shareholder potential
Join WEST and you will discover and enjoy:
- Family friendly environment
- Diverse workforce and DE&I efforts
- Great work/life balance
- Flexible and Casual work culture
- Professional growth opportunity
- Safe and happy working environment
The successful candidate will have experience and expertise in wildlife biology, natural resource management, and environmental consulting, and will be responsible for managing projects and working directly with clients and other WEST staff, with an emphasis on projects in the solar and wind energy industries.
Our Project Managers work individually, as well as with teams of natural resource specialists, scientists and biometricians to fulfill the following key job duties.
- Environmental consulting
- Complete and direct various environmental project management and support tasks including:
- Renewable energy environmental siting evaluations
- Environmental planning, permitting and reviews (e.g., federal/state/local site permitting and environmental reviews, wetland and/or water resource permitting, Environmental
- Site Assessments)
- Wildlife and/or natural resource survey design and management
- Natural resource agency coordination
- Supervise and direct natural resource field studies and staff
- Train and mentor field supervisors and technicians
- Promote health and safety
- Market WEST’s capabilities
- Foster current business relationships and promote new business development efforts, particularly within the renewable energy industry
- Prepare scopes of work, budget estimates, and respond to proposal requests
- Administration of projects
- Prepare reports, proposals and provide quality assurance of data and deliverables
- Perform quality checks to ensure WEST standards and client requirements are met
- This position will require occasional overnight travel
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of all the duties that may be associated with this position.
The successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in environmental science or planning, ecological studies, natural resources, wildlife management, wildlife biology, botany, or equivalent.
- Three to nine years of professional experience in environmental consulting related to some or all of the following:
- Leading or completing pre-construction or post-construction wildlife studies at wind and/or solar energy projects
- Knowledge of, and experience conducting or managing, threatened and endangered species assessments and surveys in the desert Southwest
- Previous project management experience, including budgeting, scheduling, proposal writing, consulting work, professional scientific experience, and a track record of maintaining positive relationships with coworkers, clients, and/or stakeholders
- Strong writing skills and experience completing scientific reports
- Strong interpersonal skills
Experience with the following will be considered a plus, but is not mandatory:
- Assisting on various aspects of environmental assessments and permitting for solar energy or similar development projects (e.g., county special use or conditional use permit applications, National Environmental Policy Act or California Environmental Quality Act reviews)
- Construction monitoring for protection of biological resources
- Botanical surveys in the desert Southwest
- Wetland/waters delineations and permitting (e.g., Joint Aquatic Resource Permit Applications, Streambed Alteration Agreements, etc.).
If offered employment, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.