Western EcoSystems Technology, Inc. (WEST) a dynamic medium size consulting firm with offices across the United States and Canada. We are looking for a full-time experienced Software Developer in a location to be determined, with a potential option for remote work assignment. Since 1990, WEST has grown to be one of the premier environmental and statistical consulting firms in the United States. WEST has a permanent core of professionals with broad experience in basic and applied ecological studies and the sophisticated analysis of natural resource data.
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Generous paid leave
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- Life insurance, LTD and AD&D
- SEP IRA
- Employee owned/Shareholder potential
Join WEST and you will discover and enjoy:
- Family friendly environment
- Diverse workforce and DE&I efforts
- Great work/life balance
- Flexible and Casual work culture
- Professional growth opportunity
- Safe and happy working environment
The successful candidate in this position will:
- Help design and build applications and interfaces; test and debug existing applications, and work closely with our existing dba and developer staff as a team.
- Work with a team of existing developers to expand our current custom applications. Ability to develop on top of Microsoft MSSQL and PostgreSQL is required. Solid knowledge of T-SQL and database structure is important.
- Experience in planning and delivering software platforms used across multiple products and organizational units.
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
- Provide training and support for the custom made applications.
- Strengthen the security of our internal applications.
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
- Must excel in emotional intelligence, be a self-starter who enjoys interacting with people, both onsite and offsite.
- Be willing to and enjoy learning new methods and techniques to solve challenging problems
This is a general description of the functions for this position and is not inclusive of the duties which may be associated with this position.
The Developer we are seeking has a great opportunity to help WEST take the next step in our growth as a premier environmental consulting firm. Successful candidate must be a self-starter who possesses:
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent technical school or experience.
- 3+ years’ experience working in a professional development setting with excellent documentation and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to work well under time constraints and within an established budget
After an offer of employment is made, the candidate must successfully pass a pre- employment background check, drug screening, and a DMV records check that meets WEST’s minimum criteria to operate a motor vehicle on behalf of the company. A valid driver’s license will be required.
WEST provides equal employment opportunities to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, genetics, and any protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Further, WEST takes affirmative action to ensure that all individuals are treated fairly, and without discrimination, for recruitment, selection, advancement and every other term and privilege associated with employment.