Digital Campaigns, Creative Strategy
Our Career Development Program
Internships at When Toys Age provide a transformatively dynamic experience for young professionals to co-design their work experiences and build their own work content. At When Toys Age, we believe that all employees should 1) engage in work that is meaningful to them, and 2) take the lead in designing their own professional development.
All interns are paired with a mentor whose sole role is to help them build their work content around their desired learning areas and to develop important skills to shape them professionally. This internship provides opportunities to build skills that are foundational for a career in marketing, journalism, PR and/or public relations.
You will be joining as a member of The Equilibrium Journal project team to assist in sharing The Equilibrium Journal’s thought leadership, products, research, and social initiatives with press and influencers. In this role, you will assist in creating media and press kits, building relationships with press and influencers, writing compelling pitches and press releases, maintaining editorial databases, and assisting with the creative direction of our campaigns.
This internship provides an opportunity to interact with and/or interview influencers and other leaders of industry. You will leverage our research and framework to build brand awareness and drive engagement amongst our partners, and act as the face and voice of our business, and infuse our tone throughout digital and collaborative platforms.
Growth & responsibilities:
• Conduct PR research in the health, lifestyle & mental health fields
• Assist in creating and maintaining media, event, award, influencer and editorial databases
• Participate in campaigns to raise brand and product awareness with press and influencer outreach
• Assisting with influencer interviews & communications
• Create media and press kits with an eye for testing and learning, analyzing engagement data and developing recommendations for creative direction
• Assist in writing compelling pitches and press releases to support outreach to grow awareness for journals, research, and social initiatives
• Ensure data quality of campaign tracking in our PR management system
• Monitor relevant industry publications & trends in press strategy, and how to apply them to our current strategy
• May perform specific projects requiring analytical skills, and basic office administrative or staff-support duties as required
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in English, Marketing, PR, Communications or Journalism
• Prior experience writing pitches and press releases preferred
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including thorough knowledge of grammar and punctuation; Knowledge of AP or Chicago Style is a plus
• Must be comfortable communicating with press and influencers daily
• Attention to detail, effective time management and strong verbal skills required
• Ability to learn quickly, multi-task and work independently
• Knowledge of B2C and retail marketing strategy is a plus