The Risk Management Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the administration activities of the Firm’s Office of General Counsel and Risk Management Department. The Coordinator offers creative strategies in response to the firm’s evolving loss prevention needs and plays a key role in implementation of ethics and compliance initiatives that serve the best interests of the firm. This role also maintains administrative confidential documents, assists the General Counsel and Director with discrete and confidential projects, serves as a point of contact for process service, and oversees the Insurance renewals for the Firm.
The Firm requires that the duties and responsibilities of this position be performed during scheduled work hours.
• Manage Director’s calendar and appointments; schedule various department meetings and ethics training events; prepare meeting agendas; assemble pertinent binders and documents; maintain department spreadsheets
• Assist with Risk Management analytic reports, expense reports and budget preparation and provide other administrative support to the General Counsel and Director
• Oversee coordination of the firm’s annual insurance renewals and serve as primary point of contact for all firm insurance policies, including EPLI/Management Liability, Professional Liability, and various Commercial General Liability insurance policies
• Provide ongoing project management and support related to the firm’s insurance program, including communicating with the firm’s insurance broker and insurers, maintaining annual policy documentation, responding to client and vendor requests for Confirmation of Insurance, and handling notices of property and general liability claims
• Responsible for supporting Audit Letter processing and assisting with finalizing audit responses
• Prepare and train new staff members on preparing Client Quality Summary Reports and assist with oversight of client quality monitoring (set calendars designating matters for periodic Client Quality reviews and implement efforts to reassess and revisit existing representations)
• Manage Engagement Letter tracking and progress reporting (confirm receipt of complete engagement letter with advance waiver on a regular basis; prepare quarterly status reports; coordinate ongoing collection efforts to ensure compliance)
• Assist with Weekly Client Closure Letter compilation, closure letter preparation and mailings, and return of client retainer funds
• Serve as point of contact and recipient of Subpoenas/Service of Process on the Firm and implement initial response procedures
• Support Ethical Screen and Litigation Hold implementation procedures including periodic maintenance, post implementation efforts, and lifting reviews and processes
• Assist with Lateral Attorney Hire Onboarding and Engagement Letter preparation as needed
• Assist with Attorney Departure procedures, including client closures, client/matter reassignments and transfers of client representations and provide monitoring of Attorney inboxes for business and client/matter related emails post-departure
• Assist Director with review, analysis, follow-up, and structured inventory procedures for Outside Counsel Guidelines and other client-driven questionnaires and requirements
• Provide Conflicts/New Business Intake related support such as conducting basic Preliminary Conflicts Checks and client/matter research and uploading intake documentation and completing other related tasks as assigned
• Partner with IT to design and implement automated workflow systems to streamline ongoing manual compliance processes
• Support departmental planning and organization efforts surrounding various initiatives such as Matter Closure Initiatives; Engagement Letter Refresh/Advance Waiver Initiatives; ALAS Loss Prevention Review preparation; and other loss prevention efforts as directed by the General Counsel and Executive Committee
• Position operates in a professional office environment which is usually quiet to moderate
• Position requires that the employee have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment
• This position is primarily a sedentary position. However, some duties and responsibilities are required which would require the applicant to lift files, open filing cabinets, bend or stand, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, occasionally move about to access office equipment, file cabinets, etc.
• Ability to carry or lift items weighing up to 10 pounds
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively, both in oral and written form
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize/coordinate deadlines and track progress of tasks
• Ability to organize workflow and use time efficiently
• Ability to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy
• Must maintain confidentiality of work related information and materials
• Must establish and maintain effective working relationships in or out of a team environment
• Understands and adopts the organizational structure
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Possesses the attitude of collaboration and sharing
• Willingness to learn and adopt new methodologies
• Flexibility to work overtime on an as-needed basis
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior law firm and/or insurance industry experience preferred
• This description outlines the basic requirements of this position. It is not intended to be a complete description as other duties may be assigned.
**Wiley is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a strong commitment to the achievement of excellence, diversity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
***This Organization Participates in E-Verify. This employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. Employers may not use E-Verify to pre-screen job applicants and may not limit or influence the choice of documents you present for use on the Form I-9.
Apply here: https://legalrecruiting.wiley.law/viDesktopEx/viRecruitSelfApply/ReDefault.aspx?FilterREID=14