Wilson Elser’s Boston office is currently seeking a Legal Secretary to join a fast-paced team.
This is an excellent opportunity for legal professionals seeking to expand their careers who are interested in gaining fast-paced professional experience with a national law firm.
Wilson Elser is a full-service and leading defense litigation law firm who faithfully serves our clients with more than 800 attorneys, across 40 offices in the United States and one in London. Founded in 1978, we rank among the top 200 law firms identified by The American Lawyer and 53rd in The National Law Journal’s survey of the nation’s largest law firms.
• Must have 2+ years Litigation experience
• Must have prior experience with litigation procedures and processes
• Must be familiar with drafting, preparing, and formatting of pleadings
• Familiarity with Massachusetts State and Federal court procedures and rules
• Ability to work in a team-based setting with other Legal Secretaries supporting a group of attorneys
• Open to taking on new responsibilities and challenging tasks
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to integrate into a fast-paced environment
• Excellent typing skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Outlook, Excel)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Prepare and draft all types of correspondence as well as format documents, proofread documents
• Prepare and draft court pleadings such as summonses, discovery documents, and subpoenas.
• E-file court filings
• Open new matters
• Document management and organization, saving to network, indexing for file room
• Become familiar with court rules and filing procedures
• Prepare cover letters for attorney bills
• Input billing information into billing software
• Schedule conferences and depositions, maintain attorney calendars
• Manage bills for third party vendors, process check requests and follow up with accounting
Why Should You Apply?
• Excellent Benefits
• Generous PTO plan
• Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
• Corporate Discount Plans
Wilson Elser is a firm who focuses their commitment to both their clients and you! Please consider joining our team by applying online or sending your credentials to Careers@wilsonelser.com and putting “Boston Legal Secretary” in the subject line.
We believe in creating a work environment free of barriers and bias, where individual outlooks and talents are respected and valued. Our firm’s policy is to ensure an equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law