Winning Connections, the leading Democratic direct voter contact firm, is looking for a summer intern to begin as early as May. Part-time and full-time candidates are available for consideration. This internship will be a virtual opportunity, however, if a candidate is fully vaccinated and in the DMV area, they are welcome to come into the office. A stipend is available for a full-time intern.
Winning Connections provides top-of-the-line phone and texting programs to campaigns and organizations. In 2020, we worked huge campaigns for Senators Ossoff, Kelly, Hickenlooper, and Peters, in addition to Jaime Harrison and Barbara Bollier. We have worked with organizations ranging from the ACLU, the Sierra Club, and Planned Parenthood to MGM, Verizon, and Blue Cross Blue Shield.
As a summer intern, you are expected to be hard-working, communicative, and accountable. You will answer directly to our team’s executive assistant but will be working with our entire staff to help out where is needed.
Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Researching federal and state grassroots issues and tracking electoral campaigns.
- Researching key interest groups for relevant information.
- Updating and managing databases for the firm’s marketing efforts.
- Providing general support to all staff members.
- Drafting emails.
- Interest in legislative issues and elections.
- Experience writing research projects.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent written communication skills. Possess a good sense of humor.
- Must like dogs.
Interested applicants should submit their application via email with the subject line “Summer Internship” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please attach a resume and cover letter as one PDF to your email. Your cover letter should detail why you want to work at Winning Connections as well as your summer availability.