Company Overview: Winno is a small and scrappy news startup that is re-building the news-reading experience for a mobile generation. We’re looking to hire our first outside Editor-in-chief to help us expand and improve our coverage.
Company mission: Winno is creating the most efficient way to stay on top of the day’s events
Role overview: Winno covers 30+ topics with live-updating feeds that are concise and comprehensive. As our sole Editor, you will work closely with our team to ensure that we never miss a beat: curating, condensing, and publishing the most important stories on topics ranging from #apple to #immigration five days a week (weekends are usually pretty light.)
- Primary person responsible for Winno’s editorial content, curation, and direction
- Write, edit, fact-check, and publish daily news updates on over 30 topics in Winno’s unique “just the facts” format as they happen
- Ensure that no story is missed by staying up-to-date on every angle of a topic
- Manage a team of 1-2 news curators who will help with coverage
- No previous newsroom experience is required for this role
- Deep and thorough understanding of the American news landscape.
- Well-versed in the ins-and-outs of American politics, business, and technology
- Can quickly write accurate and concise news copy
- Fact-obsessed, with a knack for quickly identifying important stories from spin
- Excited to work on a small team in a startup environment