WISE, a Washington, DC-based startup that serves financial services firms, is seeking a full-time Research and Data Analyst.
Job Description and Key Responsibilities
· Maintain and improve an existing benchmarking database using SQL, Python, and Excel.
· Prepare and analyze data for industry research and presentations; translate data into qualitative insights, help educate clients and other stakeholders.
· Assist in research design, the scoping of new projects, qualitative research interviews, customized research requests and data analyses.
· Support new 2021product launch (de novo database creation, new product development and design)
· Make data accessible using compelling charts, design, and data visualization.
· Python: intermediate skill level and pandas desired.
· SQL: basic knowledge desired (e.g., create edit drop tables, select data, know how joins work).
· Excel: good-to-advanced (e.g., INDEX MATCH and VBA desired).
· Statistics/math experience and/or coursework desired
Detail-oriented, reliable, can work independently and is willing to support a broad range of activities.
WISE is based in Washington, DC, however, due to COVID our team is 100% remote. Qualified candidates from outside of the Metro DC area are encouraged to apply.
About our Firm
WISE Gateway is a DC-based small business that provides data services and research to bank and trust company executives. Our service mission is twofold:
Help clients make more informed decisions and communicate more effectively by providing them with high-quality data and customized performance benchmarks.
Improve clients’ business performance by delivering data-driven insights about growth, pricing and profitability.
Our work aims to find a middle ground between highly-customized, high-cost management consulting services and highly-standardized, low-cost business research by using creative data analysis to deliver firm-specific insight.
WISE provides the benefits of a startup—autonomy, flexibility, and growth potential—as well as several assets that are unique to new ventures, including a market-tested product and an extensive prospect and client network.
This is a full-time, salaried position.
WISE is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.