Wisewire Internship and Micro-Internship Program
As a Wisewire Intern working for the Learning Design department you will be exposed to real world business experiences that will enhance your understanding of learning and instructional design. The key aspects of our Learning Designer positions are to understand our partner’s product needs, design effective and engaging learning experiences, and ensure overall project quality and success. Your overall responsibility will be to assist the Learning Design Team, provide fresh new ideas, and to support the learner’s experience. Successful candidates will enjoy working with knowledgeable Learning Design professionals in an innovative work environment on a project-to-project basis.
Wisewire prides itself on being a leader in the learning design space. Our internship and micro-internship program is designed to provide participants an environment to exercise and apply skills and knowledge they are learning in their respective instructional and learning design graduate programs. You will have an opportunity to build skills that are directly related to your chosen career while working alongside an experienced team invested in your success.
Where you will make an impact
- Collaborate with SMEs, faculty, and other learning designers to create engaging course content and learning activities that enhance the student experience and maximize learning outcomes
- Apply research-based instructional and learning design theories and best practices
- Ensure alignment of content and assessments to intended learning outcomes
- Create supporting multimedia objects that enhance and augment the learning experience
- Conduct quality assurance reviews on courses and learning materials to ensure they adhere to established standards
- Adhere to instructional design documentation and processes to ensure quality and consistency
- Ensure learning content meets accessibility standards
- Ensure learning content alignment to culturally-responsive educational practices and DEI principles
- Bring fresh ideas and innovative solutions
Major Responsibilities and Project Work
- Design and develop high quality, innovative learning content that incorporates relevant and timely instructional design and learning design principles to a wide range of learning products
- Create learning artifacts in a variety of multimedia formats using industry-recognized applications such as Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia, VideoScribe, etc.
- Student must be pursuing a Master’s degree in one of the following graduate programs: Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Educational Technology, or closely related field
- GPA of 3.0 or higher is required
- Completion of core curriculum classes is preferred, specifically in instruction design/media
- Proficiency in Google Suite
- Proficiency in multimedia applications relevant to learning and instructional design (for example: Articulate, Captivate, Adobe Creative Suite, etc)
- Solid understanding of time management and ability to multitask
- Understanding of instructional design and learning design principles and practices
- Strong organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to comply with project management requirements
- Ability to lead and be proactive in risk management/mitigation
- Strong client relationship skills
- Commitment to ensuring the best student learning experience
- Display original thinking and creativity and excel at meeting challenges with resourcefulness and innovative ideas.
- Enjoy working with teams in a fast paced, energetic environment.
- Ability to interface professionally with all levels in the organization
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to work the required schedule
- Comfortable working remotely with a geographically dispersed team
- Disciplined and self-motivating
- Teaching experience is a plus