Wolfram, creator of Mathematica, Wolfram|Alpha and the Wolfram Language, is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Release Engineer to join our Software Engineering department. A Release Engineer is responsible for turning ideas and prototypes into products and distributing automation systems that build products for every platform.
The ideal candidate should be organized, detail oriented and willing to learn new technologies. This person will be interacting with and supporting other teams in our Engineering and Quality Assurance departments.
- Advise developers on release-related issues
- Diagnose build and automation issues
- Research and migrate to new automation systems
- Optimize automation systems to reduce product build time
- Recognize cross-platform porting issues
- Configure and maintain build machines
- Maintain the internal documentation for the RE codebase and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, IT or a related STEM field
- Experience with Linux, macOS and/or Windows
- Experience with scripting
- Experience with C and C++
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools quickly
- Good communication skills
- Good research habits
- Familiar with the Wolfram Language
- Familiar with Python 2.7/3.6
- Familiar with integration tools like Jenkins and TeamCity
- Familiar with Apache Ant
- Strong experience with Git
- Familiar with CVS
Location: Champaign, Illinois
Wolfram is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at its company. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, individuals with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.