En Voz Alta Peace & Security Mentor Program, 2022
Latinas are woefully underrepresented in national security—but we are working to change that. En Voz Alta pairs Latina mentors and allies from the peace and security community with early-career professionals and students attending undergraduate and graduate school in the U.S. to help strengthen the pipeline of candidates entering the field.
Mentee Program Details
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
En Voz Alta pairs Latina mentors and allies from the peace and security community with early-career professionals and students in undergraduate/graduate school in the U.S for a full calendar year. Based on your expressed career goals and interests, your mentor will help you visualize your studies and early career. Additional programming will be geared to support your professional development. Rolling applications will be accepted through Friday, December 10, 2021. The application is available on the program website.
A guideline of expectations to get the most of your experience:
- Plan for monthly check-ins with your mentor
- Attend monthly virtual workshops including salary negotiations, resume/cover letter basics, interview best practices, & more!
- Join your mentor for at least one virtual/in-person event
- Participate in virtual mentee orientation & monthly group check-ins with the Program Coordinator
- Join seasonal virtual social opportunities with fellow mentors and mentees
- Connect with the program alum via a listserv where career opportunities are periodically shared
- Identify as Hispanic/Latina/Latin American
- Recent or current undergraduate or graduate student studying international relations, national security, government, or related field
- Can commit to monthly meetings with a mentor and the Program Coordinator from January 2022 to December 2022
- Interested in learning more about a career in peace and security work and meeting new people!
For more information, email Andrea Pimentel, firstname.lastname@example.org.