Employer Services Summer Intern – EPSIP
Job Number: 2021-37061
Location: Shrewsbury, MA
Exempt/Non-Exempt: Non Exempt
Business Unit: Commonwealth Medicine
Department: Commonwealth Medicine – Work Without Limits – W407980
Job Type: Intern (Full Time)
Union Code: Non Union Position-W00-Non Benefited
Num. Openings: 1
Post Date: April 13, 2021
Complete the online application and include a short essay either in the “resume” field (the resume and essay should be uploaded as one document) or uploaded as a cover letter on your profile. Essay topic is listed below (Please include within your essay, examples from personal experience, observation, research, and or scholarship. The essay should be succinct and be your original work. It should also reflect an excellent command of English grammar, style and syntax. Maximum length 200 words.):
Please write a short essay on ONE of these three topics:
- What does it mean to you to be effective in an environment that values diversity, equity and inclusion?
- In what ways has diversity, equity and inclusion shown up in your commitment to service at the national, regional, local, and/or institutional levels?
- In what ways have you integrated diversity, equity and inclusion as part of your professional and personal development? And how have these engagements informed your approach to being a better scholar and professional?
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Work Without Limits is an initiative out of the University of Massachusetts Medical School (UMMS). Our goal is to position Massachusetts as the first state in the nation where the employment rate of people with disabilities is equal to people without disabilities. We are a network of employers, educational institutions, employment service providers, and state and federal agencies. Our programs and services are geared to meet the needs of businesses that actively recruit people with disabilities, individuals with disabilities who are seeking jobs, and the employment providers that serve them. We provide consultation, technical assistance, strategic planning, network support, training and direct services.
The selected EPSIP intern will support Work Without Limits’ growth strategy, primarily in support of our marketing plan. We seek to expand our business in three areas: Employer Services, Administrative Employment Network, and Benefits Training. See below for overviews and related duties.
This internship program will begin Monday June 7th and will end Friday, August 6th. The pay is $16/hour and the position is expected to be full-time over those 9 weeks. This will be a remote internship.
Work Without Limits currently offers the following services to disability-inclusive employers and businesses:
- Employer Network
- Job Board
Target Market: Private and public employers, both for profit and nonprofit, all industries, all sizes (financial services, healthcare, higher education, nonprofit, retail). Primarily in New England but could also be national.
Related Intern Duties:
- Support the development and implement of our three marketing and communication strategies including the Going for the Gold! Campaign, Business Association Outreach Campaign, and Member Testimonial Campaign
- Research business associations and identify promotional opportunities
- Develop content for emails, slide deck presentations, articles and blogs
- Collaborate with our Marketing Manager to develop marketing collateral such as digital advertisements, and with our Director of Employer Services and Social Media Manager to develop and promote member testimonials
- Candidates pursuing bachelor’s degree or recent graduates
- Related experience preferred
- Must be reliable and able to set consistent work hours
- Ability to use standard office tools and software (MS-Office)
- Marketing/Communications major, undergraduate or graduate student
- Research and reporting skills
- Ability to follow directions, stay on track, and complete assignments on time
- Good communication skills, i.e., verbal, written, and email
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a small but busy team
- Computer skills, i.e., Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet, Zoom and Salesforce