About World Business Lenders (www.wbl.com)
World Business Lenders provides general purpose short-term real estate collateralized commercial loans to a broad customer base comprised of small and medium sized businesses throughout the country. With its unique business model, and disciplined approach to underwriting and risk management, WBL is committed to creating a pre-eminent brand that focuses on helping small businesses identify opportunities to grow. As a matter of corporate governance, the company is steadfast in maintaining diversity in its workforce and boardroom, embracing its social responsibility and strengthening its ties to the communities it serves.
About the Job:
Initially, the candidate will research, process and analyze loan applications. Job responsibilities include working with Sales Officers to obtain borrower information and working with the Operations team to prepare the loan package. In time, the Credit Analyst is expected to attend the Investment Committee. Furthermore, the candidate will:
- Analyze credit risk for loan applications,
- Detect potential fraud,
- Review legal documents such as contracts, mortgages, and lease agreements and present findings to the Investment Committee,
- Conduct verification calls with third parties,
- Interface with customers on a day to day basis,
- Discuss recovery strategies within the Credit department,
- Examine data for patterns and correlations between portfolio variables
- Other projects and duties as assigned
This is an extremely hybrid job which requires a high level of communication and quantitative skills. The candidate will have extensive exposure to multiple departments within the firm. The training program is intended to teach the candidate to effectively communicate credit concerns, formulate alternate loan structures and in time, approve credits within the prescribed credit authority.
The Credit Department is operationally critical towards completing the goals of the company. The nature of the job is time sensitive and requires attention to every detail. Therefore the candidate is expected to be well organized, hardworking and willing to stay the long hours if needed. Ability to apply logical thinking and analytical methods to real life situations is required. Furthermore, the candidate should have:
- Strong ability to work independently,
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint),
- Degree in Sciences, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Liberal Arts
- Experience working as an Underwriter, Processor in a mortgage/ loan environment (optional)
Must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Effective English communication skills, both written and oral.
Compensation and Benefits:
• Compensation package – DOE
• Vacation/holiday pay and 401(k) Plan with company match after 90 days; benefit package (Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, Life/Accident/Short-Term Disability insurance) on first of the month following or coincident with 60 days; Commuter Benefit Plan and EAP immediately upon hire.
- World Business Lenders does not sponsor work visas for this position.
- World Business Lenders participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.