About the Job:
Initially, the candidate will research, process and analyze loan applications. Job responsibilities include working with potential loan applicants, Credit Analysts and with the Operations team to prepare the loan package. In time, the Credit Support Analyst is to be groomed towards becoming a Credit Analyst. Furthermore, the candidate will:
- Analyze credit risk for loan applications,
- Detect potential fraud,
- Review legal documents such as contracts, mortgages, and lease agreements and present findings to the Investment Committee,
- Conduct verification calls with third parties,
- Interface with customers on a day-to-day basis,
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
This is an extremely hybrid job which requires a high level of communication and quantitative skills. The candidate will have extensive exposure to multiple departments within the firm such as the Valuation, Title and Closing departments. The Credit Support Analyst is to effectively communicate credit concerns, formulate alternate loan structures and in time, work on loan approvals.
The Credit Department is operationally critical towards completing the goals of the company. The nature of the job is time sensitive and requires attention to every detail. Therefore, the candidate is expected to be well organized and hardworking. Ability to apply logical thinking and analytical methods to real life situations is required. Furthermore, the candidate should have:
- Strong ability to work independently,
- Experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel, Access, Word and PowerPoint),
- Associates Degree or bachelor’s degree, or related experience
- Experience working as a loan processor in a mortgage/ loan environment (optional)
Must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check.
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Effective English communication skills, both written and oral.
• Compensation package – $40K
• Vacation/holiday pay and 401(k) Plan with company match after 90 days; benefit package (Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, Life/Accident/Short-Term Disability insurance) on first of the month following or coincident with 60 days; Commuter Benefit Plan and EAP immediately upon hire.
- World Business Lenders does not sponsor work visas for this position.
- World Business Lenders participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the United States.