St. Paul, MN or Remote US
WuXi AppTec is a leading global pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device open-access capability and technology platform company with global operations. As an innovation-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi AppTec provides a broad and integrated portfolio of services to help our worldwide customers and partners shorten the discovery and development time and lower the cost of drug and medical device R&D through cost-effective and efficient solutions. With its industry-leading capabilities in small molecule R&D and manufacturing, biologics R&D and manufacturing, cell therapy and gene therapy R&D and manufacturing, medical device testing, and molecular testing and genomics, WuXi platform is enabling nearly 3,000 innovative collaborators from more than 30 countries to bring innovative healthcare products to patients, and to fulfill WuXi’s dream that “every drug can be made and every disease can be treated.”
Brief Job Summary:
WuXi AppTec Pathologists contribute to a wide range of critical activities within Biocompatibility, Safety, and Toxicology Testing including but not limited to study evaluation for safety, toxicology, biocompatibility, and combined biocompatibility / toxicology studies for the medical device industry and pharmacology industries.
- Reads and analyzes slides.
- Provides data to Study Directors for client reports.
- Provides support and subject expertise to the necropsy and histology staff.
- Writes pathology reports.
- Provide consultation to Study Directors on studies.
- Communicate with sponsors to answer questions and discuss results regarding the pathology report.
- Assistant facility veterinarian.
- Evaluate pathology slides microscopically from animals that were found dead or euthanized due to morbidity to try to determine the cause of death or illness.
- Communicate findings of early animal deaths to the In-Life staff and Facility Veterinarian.
- Develop continuing education seminars for the staff.
- Assist in bringing new technology to the pathology department.
- DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) or equivalent
- ACVP or ECVP Board Certification
- State Veterinary License (State of Minnesota or other State)
- Completion of Veterinary Anatomic Pathology Residency Program
- Experience in toxicological pathology, implant pathology and biocompatibility testing, and knowledge of regulatory requirements is desirable.