LI Title: Back-End Software Engineer
When was the last time your software engineering skills reached right across the world and had an eternal impact?
As a supported* back-end software engineer you will have the opportunity to develop products and solutions that allow Bible translation to move forward worldwide.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Can be performed remotely.
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is interesting! One day you might design and implement software components and unit tests. Later you could research technology or perform peer code reviews. Another day you would participate in team meetings with front-end developers to meet end-user needs.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal.
- You have experience writing software with Go or PHP.
- You are organized, detail-oriented and work well on a team.
- You have experience developing with RESTful and/or GraphQL APIs.
- You take initiative and are a creative problem-solver.
- You enjoy staying up to date on new technology and web trends.
It’s a bonus if…
- You are comfortable working with cloud service providers like AWS or Google.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.