LI Title: INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: IT Support Specialist
The power of technology is undeniable. But when was the last time you harnessed that power to impact eternity?
As an IT Support Specialist, you will help prevent technology glitches from hindering Bible translation programs throughout Mexico!
Today, over 2,000 people groups, 150 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Oaxaca City, Mexico
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! One day you might answer the help desk phone and serve as initial contact for all customer support requests relating to hardware and software, telephone, network, operating systems, printing, and Internet access problems. Later you could perform testing of new applications. Another day you would update your personal job knowledge, develop new resources for end users, and evaluate future trends.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You love problem-solving and following through a puzzle until it is solved.
- You are thorough, detail-oriented, and meticulous.
- You enjoy working with people, and you can explain computer-ese to someone’s grandmother.
- You have 2-3 years of relevant IT experience.
- You enjoy diagnosing and resolving onsite and remote PC related computing problems.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have customer service experience.
In becoming a member of a faith-based organization, you will receive extensive training and resources in partnership development so that gifts given to the preference of your ministry account are provided for your salary, benefits, and ministry related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
REF ID R2599 Sarah