LI Title: INTERNATIONAL OPPORTUNITY: Systems Programmer
The power of technology is undeniable. But when was the last time you harnessed that power to impact eternity?
As a supported* Systems Programmer you will have the opportunity to improve and enhance our systems in order to more effectively support Bible translation.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: South Africa
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! One day you might install operating system software, patches and upgrades. Later you could diagnose and troubleshoot issues. Another day you might create and implement procedures related to network hardware and software acquisition.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You work well both independently and on a team.
- You are familiar with information technology and database management systems including Access and MySQL.
- You have advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
- You are thorough, detail-oriented and love to solve problems.
- You are familiar with programming languages such as VBA.
- You have previous multicultural experience.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.