LI Title: IT Manager
A good team leader can mean all the difference in the world.
As a supported* or volunteer IT manager, you will guide teams to improve and enhance our systems in order to more effectively support Bible translation.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Global, can be done remotely
Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is interesting! One day you might lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, manage financial aspects of the department, and direct IT research. Later you could manage IT staff, from recruitment onward, as well as negotiate and administrate vendor and service agreements. Another day you would deliver support plans for implementing systems, manage all aspects of deployment, maintenance and development of IT systems, and oversee end user services.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have extensive experience in IT Management, or 5 years of IT experience with management aptitudes.
- Software and application implementation is right up your alley.
- You are familiar with information technology and data management systems and applications.
- You’ve earned an undergraduate degree, or equivalent experience in business and/or information technology project management roles.
- You are proficient in at least one project management methodology.
- You have a handle on various project management tools for scheduling, resource allocation, and online collaboration.
- You’re comfortable with IT security practices and procedures.
- You are dependable, adaptable, innovative, and love to learn.
- You hold yourself to a high standard and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- You enjoy working on a team and are comfortable in cross-cultural environments.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous multicultural experience.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.