LI Title: IT Support Specialist
The power of technology is undeniable. But when was the last time you harnessed that power to impact eternity?
As a supported* IT support specialist, you would have the opportunity to enable Bible translation projects to move forward around the world.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Can be performed remotely
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! This job can be done from anywhere. However, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! One day you might develop resources, including help sheets or articles, for users and team members. One day you might respond to, prioritize, evaluate and resolve problems. Another day you would follow up and perform tests to ensure problems are resolved.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have at least 2-3 years of relevant IT experience.
- You work well independently and as part of a team.
- You have customer service experience.
- You are detail oriented, organized and enjoy working in a multicultural setting.
- You enjoy diagnosing and resolving problems related to hardware, software, telephone, networks, operating systems, printing and Internet access problems.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.