LI Title: Secondary English Teacher
Historian Henry Adams once said, “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.”
Does the idea of impacting eternity through teaching resonate with you? As a supported* secondary English teacher, you would help highschoolers to develop skills in oral and written communication in a way that challenges them to impact the world.
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Oaxaca, Mexico
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Even though this job is located overseas, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is different! One day you might teach them critical thinking, oral and written comprehension and problem-solving skills. The next day you might be involved in the students’ extra-curricular activities to inspire them to reach their full potential. You may even teach a second or third subject such as Social Studies, Art or Music.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have valid teaching credentials or the equivalent.
- You have at least one year of teaching experience.
- You empathize with highschoolers and life transitions.
- You are sensitive to the nuances of cross-cultural communication.
It’s a bonus if…
- You have previous multicultural experience.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.