LI Title: Software Developer for Language Applications
When was the last time your software applications were a swipe away from impacting eternity?
As a supported* software developer for language applications, you will enable Bible translation to move forward around the world!
Today, over 2000 people groups, 170 million people, still don’t have the Bible translated into their languages! Wycliffe USA believes the Word of God can transform lives when people hear it in their own language or form, and we urgently need you to join the team!
Job Location: Can be performed remotely
Want to work in a different location? Wycliffe USA has many open positions located in Africa, Asia, Europe, Americas, and the Pacific! Regardless of where you live, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States as per U.S. employment laws.
Every day is interesting! One day you might design and implement software components. Later you could run unit tests, perform maintenance or research recent technology. Another day you would travel to a technical conference and participate in team meetings.
This job might be for you if…
- You demonstrate the desire and ability to support corporate Biblical and religious goals and participate in regular work-related spiritual activities without reservation (Spiritual Bona Fide Occupational Qualification)
- You have previous experience in software development, architecture and design.
- You’re comfortable working with a variety of different operating systems.
- You enjoy working independently and as part of a team.
- You have a thorough knowledge of C++, C# or Java.
- You love to learn and stay up to date with technology.
It’s a bonus if…
- You are familiar with the basics of linguistics.
- You understand language applications such as Fieldworks and Paratext.
*ABOUT SUPPORTED POSITIONS
Supported staff (missionaries) with Wycliffe Bible Translators USA are members of a faith-based organization. If you become a member, you will receive extensive training and helpful tools to raise a team of prayer and financial partners in ministry; the gifts given to the preference of your ministry account provide for your salary, benefits and ministry-related expenses.
If you have questions about this job, contact email@example.com.