Xcitex is looking for an applications engineer to be a member of our engineering team, responsible for design, development, maintenance, and presentation of Xcitex’s technical products. We are looking for someone to bridge development engineering and sales engineering, and that is comfortable explaining software. Xcitex develops professional-grade motion analysis software and long record video/data capture systems which we sell worldwide through a network of resellers and distributors.
The position is located in our corporate office in Woburn, MA, and will report directly to the company CTO.
Responsibilities and duties include:
· Assist in the design, development, and maintenance of analytical video engineering software
· Design and implement GUI’s and software features
· Collaborate with the marketing department to develop materials that effectively display the full range of Xcitex’s software
· Develop multimedia tutorials and knowledge materials that explain the features and capabilities of Xcitex’s software
· Attend trade shows, speak with customers and resellers, and perform software demonstrations
· Create and maintain website content
· Help maintain the company’s internal IT infrastructure
· Maintain release histories and notes
· Provide technical support to customers as needed
· Provide software testing and diagnostic support as need.
Xcitex is a small dynamic organization, and the successful applicant should be able to adapt to changing priorities and be willing to contribute to varied initiatives as needed.
o BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
o Excellent written and verbal communication skills
o Proficiency using C++, C, MFC, QT UI/UX experience, and other design tools
o Experience using web editors, MS office, and multimedia development tools
o Willingness to travel for customer training or sales presentations.
o Advanced mathematics training and the ability to solve 3D problems would be beneficial
Xcitex offers a complete benefits package, including health insurance, personal time off, flexible working hours and tuition reimbursement. Travel is a part of the job, but is manageable. You will give presentations and work closely with our premium customers.