YouGov is an international research and data analytics group. Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 11 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behavior. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
YouGov interns will be solving problems from day one. Working on a variety of projects that matter, no two days are the same! You will get a taste for what it’s like to work for a leading global market research organization. You will learn about our business, build your professional network, and enhance your skillset whilst working alongside industry experts.
Our interns come from all backgrounds, bringing their diverse talents, insights and in turn contributing to our success. Here at YouGov we want to make your experience the best it can be!
The Data Science Intern will work with our US Data Science team. We are a small team of 10-15 people. We work in different locations scattered across the United States, but our physical office is in Washington DC.
We work on election modeling, political polling, academic polling, and internal research. As an intern, you would primarily work on our election projects and help us collect and prepare critical data to use in our models.
What’s in it for me?
- Learning about the market research industry
- Gain an understanding of how YouGov operates in one or more departments
- Build a network of fellow interns and industry experts
- Develop soft skills and technical skills through our intern developmental program
- Mentorship and guidance from your manager, buddy, and HR team
- Real-world experience in data science, R programming, and leveraging technical skills to study political phenomenon.
What do I need to bring with me?
Skills and qualifications
- Experience with a statistical programming language, preferably R, expertise not required or expected
- A desire to learn and grow new skills and adopt new strategies and workflows
- An enthusiasm for data and data driven decision making
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Inquisitive – someone that brings new ideas to the table
- A collaborative team player
- Comfort in and/or openness to a remote work environment
Nice to haves
- Experience collaborating on programming projects
- Experience with “the tidyverse” packages (R)
- Experience using version control systems, particularly Github
- An interest in US elections and election data