Youth Enrichment Services (YES) is a successful non-profit organization that serves urban youth and provides them with new outdoor experiences, confidence-building activities, and leadership programs. YES offers a year-round continuum of programs that promote physical activity and guide youth toward positive development, leadership training, community service, career programming, and college planning. Learn more about us at yeskids.org.
Scope of Work & Responsibilities
YES is seeking a part-time Intern to join its growing development team. This position is responsible for a full range of entry-level activities related to nonprofit event planning, communications, and individual giving. Activities include:
- Coordinating the auction for YES’s largest fundraiser of the year, the 11th Annual Black Diamond Gala
- Supporting the planning process for the 11th Annual Black Diamond Gala
- Preparing and editing communications for donors (e.g. acknowledgement letters, thank you cards, etc)
- Coordinating and scheduling donor site visits and other cultivation activities
- Learning Raiser’s Edge database skills
- Supporting the coordination and planning of fundraising events
- Providing other administrative support such as filing, data entry, etc.
- Assisting with other development projects as requested
- Interest in nonprofit event planning, fundraising, marketing and social media, or nonprofit management.
- Working towards a Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality, English, Communications, or other relevant major.
- Energetic and enthusiastic. Flexible and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Flexible and able to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and articulately.
- Skilled in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Skilled in social media – Facebook Twitter, Instagram.
- Ability to self-motivate and stay on task
- Passion for the mission of YES and empowering urban youth.
The above job description and qualifications are not meant to be all-inclusive. Additional responsibilities and qualifications may be added at any time by the employee’s direct supervisor or Executive Director.
Goals of the Internship
- Student will learn critical fundraising, event planning, marketing, and administrative skills applicable in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors, while contributing to the mission of YES.
- Student will become knowledgeable about fundraising in nonprofits with a particular focus on working in a small shop.
- Student will leave YES with a meaningful portfolio of work.
This position is Part Time and estimated at 12-16 hours per week.
Position is May – August 2021. Exact start & end dates are flexible.
Position may be used for course credit with University/College approval if arranged by the student.
Internship may be remote until it is deemed safe under State of Massachusetts regulations and YES policies to return to the office.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis. Priority will be given to individuals interested in interning with YES for additional semesters.