This is a great position to learn about podcasts. No experience needed.
The producer will guide the Yumlish podcast production and expansion. The initial responsibility will be transforming the podcast listening experience that taps into podcast best practices. Explore creative ways to grow the number of listeners will be a key focus for the position. This person will build a content strategy that includes not just audio, but digital and social media as well. They will be fluent in using social media to engage with listeners, and with other techniques that lead listeners to download the Yumlish podcast.
The ideal candidate is plugged into current trends in podcasting.
The ideal candidate is passionate about impacting the state of healthcare, chronic illness, and the health disparities for minorities.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Lead weekly production of Yumlish podcast and the effort to continuously refine the 20-minute show into the ideal listening experience
• Work with marketing team on strategies to market podcasts through other Yumlish channels, social media, and potential podcast partnerships.
• Continuously improve the digital presence and evaluate how the show is serving its podcast-first audience.
• Maintain editorial standards of accuracy, thoroughness, ethics, balance and diversity.
• Familiarity with or willingness to learn about audio editing and ability to produce a high-quality listening experience for weekly episodes.
• Understanding of how to market podcasts.
• Organized team player and problem solver with a wide variety of interests.
• Familiarity with or willingness to learn about content management systems (WordPress) and established and emerging social media platforms.
• Success in managing projects and meeting daily, weekly and longer-lead deadlines.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and follow Yumlish ethics and editorial standards.
• A demonstrated commitment to diversity, including the ability to connect with and maintain relationships with diverse communities.