ZL Tech has been a leader in information management for the past two decades, solving the biggest compliance, governance and privacy challenges for companies across the Fortune 500 and beyond. At the core of ZL Tech’s vision is its unique differentiator, a unified architecture that centralizes billions of documents and all governance functions under one platform, eliminating today’s fractured data silos.
ZL Tech began in 1999 as an email security company, expanding its scope over the years to address storage management, compliance, eDiscovery, records management, and now, analytics and privacy. Whether it was the Sarbanes-Oxley Act in 2002, or new privacy regulations such as GDPR and CCPA, ZL Tech has constantly evolved to match the most difficult challenges of the time.
We are looking for a Front-End Developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the Product Managers and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
· Develop new user-facing features
· Build reusable code and libraries for future use
· Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
· Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
· Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
· Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
· 2-3+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale (distributed) system architecture, complex software design, high scalability and availability, optimization, etc.
· Extensive experience with UI technologies, defining visions/solutions and collaborating/driving to see them to completion.
· Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills.
· A degree in Computer Science (preferred) or related engineering field. MS preferred.
Skills and Experience
· Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
· Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
· Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
· Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
· Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
This position requires the hire to be available during core business hours, with some additional outside hours to coordinate with other global teams.
This position will be performed in an office setting when possible and remote as required by local regulations.
ZL Tech is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.