EQUINE MARKETING INTERN
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
The Equine Marketing Intern will help support key marketing initiatives and working closely with the individual members of the equine marketing team. Key projects to include over-the-counter (OTC) market research and competitive landscape analysis, identifying social media opportunities for Zoetis Equine Facebook page, and auditing of current equine marketing materials.
Internship Job Duties:
- OTC Market Research Competitive Landscape & ecomm retailers
- Review Vaccine and Paras OTC campaign performance and make suggestions on improvements
- Ecomm RETAIL – social media and advertising plan
- Buying behavior of veterinarians and OTC to determine timing of programs & promotions
- Social Media Enhancements & Recommendations: Project to be presented to the Equine Leadership team at conclusion of internship
- Work cross functionally to identify opportunities to build Zoetis Equine Social Media & Instagram
- Add KPI’s – increase followers, opportunity for paid media – FIND benchmarks
- Take initiative to meet with other BU’s within Zoetis to learn what they are doing within their social media channels and find synergies, ways to align and opportunities for equine to enhance:
- ZTS Petcare
- ZTS Corporate
- ZTS C2V
- ZTS Dairy Wellness
- Work with legal to identify and outline rules of posting on social media channels
- Equine knowledge preferred
- Sophomore or above
- Majoring in: Animal Science, Marketing, Business, or Communications
- Computer experience: Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel; Acrobat Pro.
- Attention to detail, ability to work cross functionally in fast past environment, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and deliver high performance and quality on deadline.
- Must demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness, accountability and willingness to accept challenges and lead change
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.