Global Manufacturing & Supply Finance Intern
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
We are looking for bright and enthusiastic college students who love to learn and want to make an impact in the world’s largest Animal Healthcare Company. The Zoetis Global Manufacturing Finance team is seeking interns for our locations in the United States. This internship will give you the opportunity to gain a basic knowledge and understanding of general manufacturing financial practices and initiatives through hands-on involvement in areas in which we support our global internal clients.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
Internship Job Duties:
- Create and analyze specific accounting statements and reports to assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Provide support to teams to develop new and improve existing finance and accounting processes
- Create Ad Hoc templates to better utilize ERP system
- Communicate variances vs. financial targets to management and other departments
- Reconcile balance sheets accounts as assigned by management
- Participate in monthly closing processes including journal entry preparation
- Assist with the development and maintenance of Ad Hoc projects
- Actively enrolled in a four-year college/university – Finance, Accounting, Economics, or Business degree course preferred.
- Strong academic track record
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication and listening skills
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Able to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Good business acumen and be able to appropriately handle confidential information
- Detail-orientated with strong organizational skills
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.