Petcare Consumer Marketing intern
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
The Petcare Consumer Marketing Intern will be assigned marketing project(s) that will allow the intern to plan and execute a strategic marketing initiative. This project(s) will align with both Zoetis Petcare business priorities and the candidate’s marketing interests. Additionally, the intern will support digital marketing and creative projects across the consumer marketing team to gain exposure to a variety of marketing projects and disciplines. The intern will be expected to plan, develop and execute their project that will culminate into a presentation to our marketing leadership team.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
- Lead and manage strategic initiative. Candidate will drive their project forward with oversight and support from the consumer marketing team. Project will be determined based on business priorities and may include projects related to contact acquisition campaigns, retention marketing, content marketing, social media marketing, and/or cause marketing. Requires ability to proactively drive tasks, communicate status, and determine key decision points & milestones.
- Develop new marketing assets. Initiate, track and oversee creative review process as it relates to the candidate’s project. Work across marketing and agency partners to deliver creative projects on time or ahead of schedule. Assist marketers with writing creative briefs, providing feedback, and deploying assets.
- Reporting and analytics. Responsible for developing KPI framework and reporting against performance. Candidate will present results to marketing team and recommend next steps based on data-driven insights.
- Currently pursuing a degree in Marketing, Communications, Business, or similar
- Relevant marketing and/or project management experience is preferred
- Team leadership
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence throughout the organization
- Strong collaboration, project management and organizational skills
- Ability to act with minimal supervision, prioritize and manage multiple tasks within deadlines
- High intellectual curiosity with always a solution seeking orientation
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills and independent motivation
- Energy and passion for driving results
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to solve highly strategic and difficult business problems
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Proactive, collaborative, organized, curious, problem solver.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.