Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
The Zoetis Tax Intern will focus on assisting the tax department with the numerous tasks to support the preparation of our federal and state tax returns, respond to tax authorities related to notices received, support our tax planning and transfer pricing activities as needed, and assistance with audit notices.
Internship Job Duties:
- Assist tax department with the preparation of schedules to support tax return workpapers using Microsoft Excel and other software programs
- Assist tax department with gathering supporting workpapers for audits
- Assist with the gathering, calculating and reconciling of state apportionment information.
- Assist with state estimates, extension and return filing process, including preparing payment requests and maintaining the tax compliance calendar
- Assist in managing the retention of tax records, tax returns, and other documents
- Assist tax department with follow up on requested refunds
- Assist with tracking state tax notices and preparing responses to inquiries from state tax authorities.
- Assist with the preparation of PowerPoint presentations
- Assist with the review of US tax returns for certain US and foreign entities
- Assist with updating Zoetis legal entity chart
- Sophomore or Junior in college (pursuing accounting or finance degree)
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and deadlines
- Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and Microsoft Office products required
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.
Zoetis is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.