Veterinary Medical Information & Product Support Intern
Location: Remote, USA
At Zoetis, the health and safety of our colleagues, contractors and interns is our top priority. We make decisions based on these guiding principles: Be Safe, Feel Safe, Feel Supported. As a Zoetis intern, you can expect Zoetis to abide by safety guidelines from the CDC, aligned with local guidance. At this time, we are planning our 2021 internships to take place remotely when possible. If remote work isn’t possible, our on-site safety requirements include face coverings, social distancing practices, and health monitoring practices such as temperature checks and activity logs. We are transparent in our communication regarding any confirmed COVID cases on-site.
Intern will be part of the VMIPS Content Management project. The main deliverable of this team is to prepare VMIPS to appropriately migrate to a modern knowledgebase solution as part of the larger Service Cloud project. Primary tasks include:
- Complete inventory of all content utilized by VMIPS (currently exists in multiple places, such as SharePoint, Veeva Vault, OneNote, Product Notes, email, hard copy, etc.)
- Evaluate the appropriateness of content based on key areas such as source and age of content (appropriateness to be defined by project team and approved by VMIPS LT)
- Refine the VMIPS content management SOP
- Convert hard copy content into digital format
At Zoetis we are passionate about our customers and the animals in their care. We discover, develop and manufacture the world’s most innovative and effective products for animal health—medicines, vaccines, diagnostics, genetic tests, biodevices—and we are creating the next generation of integrated solutions and services to support this evolving industry. We know our people drive our success. Our colleagues are proud of our company culture and the meaningful role we play in caring for animals. The Zoetis Core Beliefs define the commitments we make to our colleagues, our customers and our stakeholders every day. They have guided the creation of our award-winning workplace and our proud position as a leading partner of choice in animal health.
- Under direction of project team and VMIPS subject matter experts, intern will complete an inventory of content utilized by VMIPS. Content will be organized by and include:
- species, brand and major subject area
- creation and review dates
- Support project team in refining VMIPS content management SOP
- Convert hard copy content into digital format (if decision made to retain)
- Undergraduate level
- Health, medical, library services, systems coursework preferred
- Preferred experience: literature evaluation with focus on medical and health content
Knowledge, Skills, Ability Requirements:
- Must be proficient with MS Excel
- Ability to navigate online systems, such as SharePoint, Veeva Vault or other electronic document management systems
- Ability to take direction from project team or subject matter expert and then work independently
- Ability to meet deadlines or communicate challenges ahead of time
- Ability to review published medical literature and other animal health related technical documents
Students who are pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited institution with a current class standing of sophomore or above and a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 are eligible for internships at Zoetis. Students must also be 18 years of age or older prior to their scheduled start date and be able to provide verification that they are enrolled in school and authorized to participate in an internship in the U.S. without immigration sponsorship. Students who are offered internships will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check within 5 days of offer.