DEI, Neurodiversity & Accessibility Resources & Programs
Sample Employer Programs
Sample Organizations & Services
- AbilityLinks is 501(c)3 nonprofit organization working to increase employment opportunities for people with disabilities and Veterans nationwide. Through their online job board job seekers can find meaningful employment opportunities with inclusive companies. Come learn about their job listings, featured employers, and resources at this information session. Student can register using this link: https://abilitylinks.org/user/register
- AccessWorks offers a variety of internship opportunities for students with disabilities in a range of industries, including technology, business, and government.
- American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) offers a few internship programs for students with disabilities, including the Congressional Internship Program and the Paul G. Hearne Summer Internship Program.
- Disability:IN offers a few internship programs for students with disabilities, including the LEAD Internship Program and the Disability:INtern Fellowship.
- EntryPoint connects students with disabilities to internships in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
- Lime Connect is a leading resource for top talent in the disability space, offering a variety of internship opportunities for students with disabilities.
- National Center for the Deaf-Blind (NCDB) offers internship opportunities for students with deaf blindness in a variety of fields, including education, social work, and healthcare.
- Paralyzed Veterans of America (PVA) offers internship opportunities for students with spinal cord injuries and diseases in a variety of fields, including government, business, and nonprofits.
- Partners for Youth with Disabilities: PYD’s goal is to create a world where young people with disabilities will be able to live with dignity and pride in who they are, and to lead self-determined lives filled with purpose. To make this happen, we build the skills and abilities of young people with disabilities, and increase the inclusivity of workplaces, organizations, and communities.
- Specialisterne USA | Employ Different Thinking This staffing firm works with companies to hire candidates with accessibility needs across organizations such as Deloitte, Goldman Sachs, IBM, and others. A great way to learn what companies are looking for AND their services are free of charge for students.
- United Spinal Association offers internship opportunities for students with spinal cord injuries and diseases in a variety of fields, including government, business, and nonprofits.
- Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP): This program is a partnership between the U.S. Department of Labor and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) that helps college students with disabilities find internships and jobs.
- NextGen Leaders Initiative: This program is sponsored by Disability:IN and provides college students with disabilities with leadership development and networking opportunities.