Make sure to complete your application after clicking ‘Apply Externally.’
High-impact, technical jobs for smart people.
As a Client Systems Administrator within Epic’s Hosting entity, you’ll apply your technical savvy and problem-solving skills to integrate Epic’s software into our hosting environment. Working within multiple sides of the software, you’ll be charged with the task of making sure our system is accessible and presented consistently to our end users. You will install, upgrade, and troubleshoot our software and work with both the customer and other technical teams at Epic during the system design process to translate business needs into technical systems solutions. Additionally, you’ll work as a knowledgeable Windows system administrator ensuring that various pieces of the software run successfully. Learn more about the team at https://careers.epic.com/Jobs/Hosting.
While not required, technical knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
- Microsoft Windows Server or Windows OS including debugging and Sysinternals tools
- Peripheral devices such as printers, scanners, signature pads, and cameras
- Microsoft technologies such as RemoteApp, Active Directory, IIS, and ASP.NET
- Citrix technologies such as XenApp and NetScaler
- VMware technologies such as VMware Horizon View, ESXi, and vSphere
- Networking concepts (load balancing, TCP/IP, DNS) and troubleshooting tools (Wireshark, command line)
- Cybersecurity concepts such as vulnerability and risk assessment, security controls, confidentiality and incident recovery
- Microsoft, Citrix, VMware, or Cisco certifications are a plus
More than just important work.
Epic is located in Madison, Wisconsin, a city regularly ranked as one of America’s best places to live. Epic’s environment is one of continuous learning; you’ll have access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others. We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy and happy as you grow in your life and career, and your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers. You’ll also be eligible for annual raises and bonuses, as well as stock grants, which give you an even greater stake in the success of Epic and our customers. Epic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We seek diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences in our mission to improve healthcare. Research has shown that job-seekers who are women, LGBTQ+, or members of the global majority are less likely to apply for roles they don’t seem completely qualified for, so we encourage all who are interested to apply. Please see our full non-discrimination statement at https://careers.epic.com/EEO.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering, math, physics, MIS, or hard science preferred
- A history of academic and professional success
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills
- Willingness to travel 1-2 weeks per year
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without visa sponsorship
- Relocation to Madison, WI area (reimbursed)
- COVID-19 vaccination
As a member of the Hosting team at Epic you’ll be responsible for the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of Epic Hosting. Those responsibilities include:
- Following policies and procedures and escalating when policies or procedures are not followed
- Escalating potential security incidents and providing relevant information
- Meeting all security responsibilities defined in policies and procedures