Resources for First Gen Students & Alumni
The Career Center is here to support you as you explore your interests, gain experience, and work toward your goals. Check out the following resources for career exploration, internship/job search, and more.
The FIRST Resource Center was founded to create a community of support and to develop a network of resources for Tufts University’s first-generation, low-income, and undocumented populations.
Additional Career Resources
- Breaking Cycle – A blog created to help first-generation students feel heard, supported, and to help them succeed.
- America Needs You – An organization that fights for economic mobility for ambitious, first-generation students by providing mentorship and career development.
- First In The Family – A collection of advice from first-generation college students for other first-generation college students.
- FirstGen Fellows – A ten-week summer fellowship program for first-generation students who have an interest in social justice.
- I’m First – A resource that supports and informs first-generation students and their families while starting and navigating college.
- The Struggle to be First – An article written by and about first-generation college students from UC Berkeley about the difficulties of being the first in their families to go to college.
- Council on Legal Education Opportunity – A non-profit organization working to expand opportunities for first-generation, minority and low-income students to go to law school.