Resources for LGBTQ+ Students & Alumni
The Career Center is here to support you as you explore your interests, gain experience, and work toward your goals. Check out the following resources for career exploration, internship/job search, and more.
Application Now Open: The Career Center Professional Development Fund allows currently enrolled students to apply for funding to offset the costs associated with purchasing professional interview and networking attire. Learn More & Apply Here.
The Herd is our flash mentoring platform for student-alumni career conversations. In addition to talking with alumni whose career paths interest you, we encourage you to join our new affinity groups on The Herd, which encourage productive interaction and networking through professional and social engagement, provide opportunities such as jobs, internships, volunteer roles, events, resources, and projects, and support the community’s professional and career development through advocacy.
Additional Career Resources
- Out For Undergrad – Offers annual business, marketing, technology and engineering conferences for students
- Human Rights Campaign — Extensive tools for equality and inclusion, including reports like the Corporate Equality Index
- ProGayJobs – Job search listings featuring employers who are committed to diversity in the workplace
- Job Search Tips for Transgender and Non-Binary People – Deciding which name to include on a resume, setting expectations for pronouns, and more
- National Center for Transgender Equality – National advocacy organization with helpful information for understanding your rights
- OutProfessionals – Networking events for professionals and students
- Out Profesional Network – Job search database for LGBTQI+ job seekers
- National LGBT Chamber of Commerce –Find events and affiliate chambers around the country
- Point Foundation – National scholarship foundation for LGBTQ students
- National Organization of Gay and Lesbian Scientists and Technical Professionals Inc. (NOGLSTP) – Scholarships, events and networking opportunities for students and professionals in STEM fields
- GLIFAA – Supports LGBT personnel, their families, and straight allies in US government foreign affairs offices
- Pride@Work – Represents LGBT union members and their allies
- LGBT Connect: a division of WorkplaceDiversity.com, with a job bank for LGBTQI+ job seekers
- Zippia: workplace resources for the LGBT community, which answers every question and concern in terms of how to approach a professional working environment