Resources for Female-Identifying Students & Alumni
The Career Center is here to support you as you explore your interests, gain experience, and work toward your goals. Check out the following resources for career exploration, internship/job search, and more.
Application Now Open: The Career Center Professional Development Fund allows currently enrolled students to apply for funding to offset the costs associated with purchasing professional interview and networking attire. Learn More & Apply Here.
The Herd is our flash mentoring platform for student-alumni career conversations. In addition to talking with alumni whose career paths interest you, we encourage you to join our new affinity groups on The Herd, which encourage productive interaction and networking through professional and social engagement, provide opportunities such as jobs, internships, volunteer roles, and events, and support the community’s professional and career development through advocacy.
Join the Women’s Network
Choose how (and when) your identities are expressed on Handshake
- The National Association of Professional Women: Professional network for women in the workforce with resources including a job board, networking events and other career resources.
- National Organization for Women (NOW): Largest organization of feminist activists in the United States, NOW has 500,000 contributing members and 550 chapters in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. NOW’s goal has been to take action to bring about equality for all women.
- Ellevate: Global professional women’s network dedicated to help women advance in the workplace, both for themselves and the greater good. They strive to change the culture of business from the inside out – by investing in women
- InHerSight: Common framework of insights to explore what’s working and what’s not at companies, and to help more women find their ideal workplace.
- WWWomen – Links to various professional associations for women
- Mentoring Circles for Women: Women-focused mentoring programs for companies looking to develop the careers of their female employees, as well as individuals seeking personal development. Participants receive access to mentoring and serve as mentors to other participants.
- Women’s Professional Associations by Industry: Consider joining an identity-relevant professional association to help facilitate networking connections and job leads.
- Women in Technology International (WITI) – Networking, job listings and events for women across the technology sector
- Society of Women Engineers (SWE) – Conferences, online courses, scholarships and a job board
- New York Women in Communications – Career development resources, including job and internship listings and skill-building podcasts
- Resources for Women in Business – Links to resources for women as well as tools for those interested in starting a business
- CareerWomen – Job listings from recruiters actively looking to hire women
- INROADS and Sponsors for Educational Opportunities (SEO) – Organizations that provide internships and mentoring for students from diverse backgrounds; SEO also provides training for professionals interested in alternative investments
- UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School Career Resources: Extensive list of resources for women in leadership and business.
- Forte Conferences for Undergraduate Women pursuing business
Job Search Resources
- Women for Hire: Jobs by location, category and work type. Learn about national career fairs for women and network with other women.
- U.S. Department of Labor Women’s Bureau: Contains information about women and the world of work.
- Advancing Women: Careers: Recruitment website for professional women, focusing on science, technology, infrastructure and government work. The organization’s Career Resource Center includes helpful blog posts and a job board.
- Geeky Girl Reality: Kickstarting STEM careers for women. The site aggregates and filters opportunities ranging from entry-level jobs, scholarship opportunities, travel grants to attend conferences, mentoring programs and more.
- Feminist Majority Career Center: Women-supportive jobs and internships across the country.
- WomensJobList.com: Over 8,164 companies and organizations dedicated to diversity and inclusion providing employers with exclusive access to highly qualified candidates
- Career Women: Job listings by industry, state and company name. Upload your resume, read about current trends for women in the workplace.