Dear Tufts Employers,
The Fall is quickly approaching and we want to make sure you have all the necessary resources and information as you plan for your upcoming Fall recruitment season. We are also thrilled to welcome a new member to our ER team – meet her below!
Here are a few resources that you might find helpful when engaging with Tufts University this academic year:
- Employer Relations Brochure — highlights ways to connect with Tufts, profiles of our students & graduates, and more
- Employer Website — everything you need to know about engaging with our students and Tufts
- Partnership Programs — engage more closely over the semester and academic year
- Employer Policies — includes policies around extending offers, internships/co-ops, and more!
- Virtual Interviews (OCI) — Information on conducting virtual interviews for the fall semester
- Tufts Academic Calendar — important dates in the Tufts year
As always, you can reach out to Susan Atkins, Associate Director with any questions related to Employer Relations
Have a wonderful day!
Tufts University Employer Relations Team
Supporting the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and The School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts
Tufts University will host our virtual Fall Career Fair on Friday, September 24th from 1 pm – 4 pm EST on the Handshake platform.
Registration for the Fair will end on Monday, September 20th!
Employers can host 30-minute group sessions (with varying topics) as well as 10-minute one-on-one video conversations with both undergraduate and graduate students across all majors in the School of Arts and Sciences, School of Engineering, and School of the Museum of Fine Arts.
🎇 Welcome our New Assistant Director of Employer Relations – Kate Rettstadt
Starting on September 1st, we are excited to introduce Kate Rettstadt as our new Assistant Director, Employer Relations at Tufts. She is excited to engage in employer outreach, partnership development, and campus recruitment activities this coming year. Prior to Tufts, she served in the Assistant Director, Employer Relations role at Simmons University. In her early career she focused on international education and began coaching international students from Latin America through the graduate application process at LASPAU, a Harvard University affiliate. She holds a B.A. in Spanish from Ursinus College and an A.L.M. in Museum Studies from the Harvard University Extension School.
We look forward to having Kate join us soon!
🖌 Tufts Arts, Communications, and Media Trek – October 15, 2021
Please join us for our upcoming Tufts Arts, Communications and Media Trek on Friday, October 15th.
For this year’s trek, we will be fully virtual via Zoom to maximize student numbers and the ability for recruiters and alumni to engage from near and far. We would love for you and your organization to join us for any part of the event that works for you!
10:00 am – 11:00 am Panel: Setting The Stage — Creating Equitable Opportunities for All in Arts, Communications and Media
Ideal speakers for this panel would be Tufts alumni and recruiters who are working to create access to opportunities in these industries. Speakers will share their experiences, as well as resources and tips for what this sector is doing to change the landscape and promote equitable opportunities for diverse populations.
1:00 pm – 1:30 pm: Company Info Sessions
20-minute presentations by companies about their opportunities, initiatives and insider industry tips followed by 10 minutes of Q & A.
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm: One-on-ones with Tufts Students
Students will sign up for 15-minute one-on-ones with industry professionals who can offer them individualized career advice, quick resume reviews and industry information.
To learn more about this exciting event and how you might participate, contact Ryan Smith, Assistant Director, Career Advisor for the Arts.
⏳ Save the Date for Engineering Career Fair Collaborative – November 5, 2021
Tufts will be co-hosting a collaborative career fair for engineering students (excludes Computer Science) in collaboration with Harvard, MIT, Yale, Olin, Boston University, and Tufts University.
This event will take place on Friday, November 5th from 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm (EST) via a virtual platform. We will be sending out invitations to this event in the coming weeks and if you would like to be included in our outreach please contact Robin Kahan, Associate Director, Engineering Career Services.
📉Quick Poll: Please Fill Out Our Employer Survey on Unpaid Internships
Tufts University would like to learn more about employers and their use of unpaid internships. We have created a short survey to gain further insights about the rationale for offering them and current challenges within organizations. Please take 5 minutes to share your valuable insights with us. Our plan is to share a summary of the results with employers through this newsletter.
🗞 Tufts in the News
Highlighted articles about Tufts University:
- Tufts Ranked in Top 100 Universities Globally for Patents | Tufts Now
- $10 Million Gift Champions Entrepreneurship and Innovation | Tufts Now
📖 What We’re Reading
- NACE Salary Survey (naceweb.org)
- 4 Ways to Source a Diverse Candidate Pipeline – BambooHR Blog
- Salaries for College Graduates Climb Despite Pandemic (naceweb.org)
- The Post-Pandemic Job Interview: How Employers Must Step Up (forbes.com)
- America’s Best Employers For New Graduates 2021 (forbes.com)
- Viewpoint: The Turnover Tsunami Is Real (shrm.org)
- 5 Easy Steps to Speed Up Your Hiring Process – BambooHR Blog
- Disney, Walmart, More Companies Require COVID-19 Vaccination (shrm.org)
📨Team Contact Information by Industry
If you are interested in connecting with Tufts Career Center, please send us an email. We will respond to you as quickly as possible and look forward to hearing from you.
Our staff members support undergraduate and graduate students in the School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Engineering, and the School of Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts only.
Sue Atkins, Associate Director, Employer Relations
- Healthcare, Life Sciences, & Environmental Science
- Non-Profit, Education, & Social Justice
- Government, Politics, International Affairs, & Law
- Engineering, Technology & Physical Sciences
- Partnership Programs @ Tufts
Chris Di Fronzo, Associate Director Career Services, Director of Tufts Finance Initiative
- Finance, Consulting, Entrepreneurship & Business
- Consulting Night Event
Robin Kahan, Associate Director Career Services, Engineering
- Engineering Co-Ops
- Engineering Career Fair Collaborative Event – November 5
Ryan Smith, Assistant Director Career Services, Arts & Creative Careers
- Arts, Entertainment, Communications, & Media (Creative Careers)
- Sports & Leisure
- Arts, Communications, and Media Trek – October 15